Saturday, April 19, 2008

What's In A Derry?

My name is kind of unique or so I am told anyway. I dont think I have ever met another Derry personally and most people I talk to haven't run into one either. I am not sure how my rents decided on my name but to be honest, I think it is really cool.

There are some not so cool things about it and one is that I often get called Derry Queen. I laugh about it now but when I was younger I did not find it so funny. its also tough to be named after a food group cuz then you get the silly comments about making sure you get enough servings of Derry LOL.

On the flip side though, Caleb thinks its really cool that my name is so unique. I think his is unique too cuz I don't know any other Caleb's but him.

So last night was a total train wreck at my house. The rents are gone until Sunday night which means that Caleb and I have had the house to ourselves since Friday. Last night we opened up a case of 24 (I don't drink much at all but tonight I decided to let loose). For Caleb its a real treat because him being 17, he is not at the legal drinking age, and me being 19, I am JUST at the legal age. So last night we get into the beer and sure enough, Caleb gets almost stone cold hammered. At one point he had my mom's swiffer mop and he was dancing around the living room and pretending to do Karaoke. Through all of this I have a wicked buzz going and I am chatting away to Zach on the SIM who is having a great time letting me have it in an insult war.

At any rate, as the night wore on we both got to the point where we were tired and we headed for bed. From there, we got changed and instead of sleeping apart, Caleb crawled into my bed and we crashed together. Nothing happened, nothing at all except him wrapping his arm around me and me pulling up close to him. We both crashed and slept together. I will admit it took me a little while to fall asleep, my adrenaline was going and my hormones were on overdrive but I did manage to fall asleep after a while.

It was the sound of the alarm that woke me up at 9 AM. I went to get up, rolled over and started to wake Caleb up. We were heading to my first ever baseball game today in Toronto to watch the Jays play the Tigers. This was going to be a big day for me.

I went to get out of bed but something was on my mind, something was pulling at me.

And your just going to have to wait till tomorrow to find out what happened and hear about my first baseball game...sorry...I need to get some advice on something first.

LiveSTRONG!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

AH the insult war, what a fun thing to do. I ripped you about 50 new ones in the last week or so LOL. Anyway, I'm gonna give away your secret that you're holding from everyone. This morning, Derry.............., then he ............, and that's about it. I'm sure you were scared looking at that man. Anyway, I sent that message back in Sim, so check that out whenever. Later bro,

Zach

Adeafmute said...

Your too good at the insult thing for your own good and I am just crappy at comebacks so I am pretty easy to pull apart, and I know it.

I am gonna rip you several new ones the next chance I get, trust me on that.

I got yer message, thank god yer around for this shit, thats all I can say. Good to have friends like you!

Anonymous said...

I can't say I know any other Derry's but you. I can't say I know any other Caleb's either. Oh well, time to head to Derry Queen for a blizzard HA-HA!

Anonymous said...

i live in Derry lol in ireland