Thursday, April 17, 2008

Chemo Is The Gift That Keeps On Giving

I have just wrapped up the third Chemo treatment which means next week I will do the 4th but not before we do a mini-progress report. It will likely be one of the most critical reports yet. Any signs that the tumor is shrinking will mean that progress is being made and we may be able to get into a position to do something more aggressive in terms of treatment and radiation etc. If the results are not positive, then it means I either choose to keep this up and hope that something gives, or we just make the decision to cease this once and for all and just let it go and let me go.

The doctor will argue that if there is no progress by week 4, that is no reason to stop. In reality, he may be right. And I will probably push to keep going another 3 or 4 weeks if there is no progress. I want to be certain that if I decide to stop, that I truly did everything within reason.

However, if it has shrunk and progress is being made, we will continue indefinitely until it is at a size where something more focused and more deadly to the tumor can be used. Hell, we may even be able to use the R word (remission).

I want to remain cautiously optimistic that this is going to work but I wont know for sure until next week and so once again, the waiting game continues.

In the interim, I continue to lose my hair...which is really hard to deal with but then they say that Bald is beautiful right? I also am having a hard time maintaining my muscle tone even though I continue to work out the best I can. I get tired a lot now and the puking is getting to be a bit much but everyone keeps telling me its worth it and they are right...I know that.

So here I sit, waiting, wondering, and hoping that this is going to be the one...the treatment that gets it all done. Its been a long and winding road thus far, and i am sincerely hoping that the light at the end of the tunnel is getting close.

Props to my rents and to Caleb for sticking with me on all of this. I can't imagine how much it must take for them to put up with all of the stress that comes with all this. I know I owe them a lot.

Anyway, I don't really have much to say today. I am just praying that this next treatment and testing brings good news.

LiveSTRONG!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope that you get the news you want and so very much deserve. I just might have to open a beer in your honour when you give us the news.

Until I hear the news, I will pray you get your wish.

Adeafmute said...

Thanks Bloom, I hope I get that news too cuz I really wanna have something good come of all this.