Tuesday, April 15, 2008

What Is It We Do?

So I was up late last night and gettin myself in all kinds of trouble from my boy Caleb because a certain GM on the SIMhl kept me chatting...not that I minded...but he knew I was going to pay..."oh god" LOL

At any rate the question I got was, what do Caleb and I do now that we live together. Its a great question. Well, I think we do what most teenage boys do...get your head out of the gutter people...we listen to music, watch music video's, and play games on the PS3.

We both pretty much like the same kinds of music. He has a pretty open mind about my music selections cuz he understands I am still being fully exposed to all kinds of music. I don't always like what he listens to but I tolerate it 8)

We have a few things we really like to do though. We like to go to the Tim Hortons for a coffee. Its nice because we get out of the house, go somewhere open and we get to sit back, have a coffee and just talk about what is going on with each other and the world around us. We dont try to solve world hunger, even though I would love to, but we talk about what each other is thinking, feeling, going through. Remember, he is a recovering addict so part of my role is to help him with that just as part of his role is to help me cope with Chemo and Cancer.

The one thing we have recently started to have fun with is play fighting. Now, we take it somewhat easy cuz the Cochlear does not like abuse but I still like to rough around with him. Usually this starts with him whining that I am on the computer and it leads to him getting up off the couch in the next room and coming over and grabbing a hold of me well saying something like, "Come on butch, bring it". Oh yeah, he likes to call me butch. I dunno why, its his name for me. That usually leads to me getting up and off we go. Sometimes I pin him to the floor and sometimes he pins me. Sometimes I am just getting out of bed and he jumps me which is a little more challenging cuz then the game becomes about who can embarass the other person the most. I know that the sexual tension around that is huge but it never leads to anything...not yet anyway. I think this type of playing around is a fun way for us to get some physical contact without it getting out of hand. I gotta be honest, just cuz I am dealing with illness does not mean I am not your average red blooded teenager...I got my urges just like the next guy. I am convinced that this play fighting is what will lead us to something more in the future. I am sure a few people are squirming in their chairs right now. Try not to, you know you would do the same if you were me LOL.

I also spend a lot of time teaching Caleb ASL. We usually head into the front room or somewhere with space so that I can stand with him in front of me and then teach him things. We dont do this for hours on end cuz it gets to be much but I try to teach him in terms of classes of words. Things like greetings, responses to greetings, the alphabet, weather, and so on. He is a fast learner and although he blows some signs (he called my mother a cat the other day) he does pretty good.

When were not doing something like that, Caleb is joining the gym I go to this week and will be working out with me. Hes not in bad shape or anything but he is one of these guys who could put on some serious muscle if he worked at it. I am not sure I want him all that strong because he could start kicking my ass in our play fights but its cool.

Aside from all that, one of my favourite things to do is to sit on the couch and cuddle up with him. I like to lean in close and feel his heart beating. I like the gentle manner in which his chest rises and falls as he breathes. Its even better when he is on the couch without his shirt so I can feel the warmth of his chest against me. It does not matter what is on the television or on the DVD player, for me, its those moments where time seems to stand still. I love it when he puts his hand on my head and just softly runs his hand along the side of my face. I think its moments like that where I feel most loved.

So yeah, that is pretty much what we do. I know there will be more and I am beginning to think that the sexual aspect of our relationship is not far from becoming a reality. I am nervous about it because I have never been with anyone before but I am confident that I will be okay. I always knew that I could wait for the right person to come along. Everyday I feel more and more confident that he is the right guy. The question then becomes, am I the right guy for him.

LiveSTRONG!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm "a certain gm"??????? I think I'm worthy of a better mention that LOL. Anyway, thanks for answering my question.

Zach

Adeafmute said...

Welllll....I was not going to name names to protect the innocent however, since you outed yourself LOL.

Oh Zach, you know I think highly of you dude, yer like the brother I never had 8)

Unknown said...

or never met LOL

Anonymous said...

Well Derry, when the time is right for you and Caleb to complete the circle of your relationship, you will know. Playfighting like you do does come off like something more but until you feel its right, don't do it.

The one regret I have in life is that I was not as patient as you. I now wish I had more self control back then.