Thursday, April 24, 2008

****UPDATE****

I had an entry all ready to go and I was going to post it this afternoon until the phone rang.

It was my surgeons office. Apparently my surgeon reviewed the rest of the scan images and the lab work they ran and has decided that he wants to proceed with the Craniotomy. He wants to book me in for a week from next Wed.

I am in a total state of shock right now. I have no idea what to do but my gut is saying to do it. I need to talk to Caleb and I need to talk to my rents and see what they have to say. The surgeon wants to know by tomorrow so he can make the arrangements. Apparently there is pre-op stuff to do and he needs to get it moving.

I don't know what to say or do at this point even though my gut is saying do it.

The surgery is a big deal, its about a 10-14 hour affair and I will be laid up in hospital for as long as 4 weeks with another possible two weeks of recovery at home.

God this is such a big deal. if it works I could be cancer free in a couple of weeks and he seems to think that this is the time to do it. The tumor is responding to the Chemo and he believes he has a good shot at getting all of it. If we wait another 3 weeks it could get smaller or it could remain the same but my labs may not be as good.

I guess the decision is really being made for me. I guess I have to do this.

Sorry to drop this on everyone but it just got dropped on me. Now I need to talk to Caleb and the rents.

If its a go, I will let you know tomorrow and then I will continue my series on life before Cancer that everyone seems to be enjoying.

I will want to wrap up that series before I go in.

I still can't believe this is happening to me...I feel alive

LiveSTRONG!

No comments: