Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Walk With Me, Talk With Me!

Its been a little while since I took a step back and just talked a little about what is going on here so I thought I should take a break from the current series today and just do a quick check in with everyone so you all know what is going on.

Tomorrow I head in for my final pre-op work and do my last round of chemo before we get ready for the big day next wednesday. I cant believe I am a week away from the biggest day of my life. Its scary and exciting all at the same time. All the tests so far indicate that the time is right so I guess now I just put faith in the powers that be around this.

For those wondering what is new with Caleb, he has settled in nicely in our house. He is doing everything that is asked of him and I honestly think that he is doing better than he ever has. He has also connected with Zach on the SIMhl and the two of them have been at each other in some sort of rap rhyme contest. I tried to compete but I am just bad at it. Zach tells me though that Caleb is pretty good and that he is giving him a challenge. Hard to rip on Caleb cuz he is pretty air tight. On that same note, Caleb is going to take the keys to the SIMhl for me well I am gone and run my team. Zach, Fire, and Al have all agreed to help him out where they can. I picked my 3 fav GM's and I took those 3 cuz at least one is guaranteed to be on long enough to check if there is mail from Caleb.

What to do about the blog though. I sent my buddy Zach a note to ask him what he thought I should do and he agreed that the best thing to do was to give Caleb the keys to my blog and let him use it as a way of keeping all of you up to date around what is happening with my recovery. It appears that even from my hospital bed, the reality/gong show that is my life will continue to stream live on the blog. Before anyone asks, I will not be accepting, flowers, cards or phone calls. Two reasons for this. One is that I dont think its necessary and secondly, I think that kind of stuff should be posted on the blog. If you feel the need to write something about my recovery, please post it on the blog so everyone can be a part of it instead of just me. The world needs more feel good comments and I dont think I should be the only one who gets to enjoy them.

On another note, Caleb's 18th Birthday is coming May 4th. I am going to take him out for dinner and the rents have agreed to let me have the house to myself. I think they know more than they let on but they seem to trust me. Its my intention to finally have sex with the Big C and get that out on the table. I am sure it will be awkward, weird, and completely spastic but I dont care. I love him and I can think of no better way to show him that then to finally give it up. I also want to do this because I go in for surgery just a few days later and if I dont make it, I want to know that I finally gave up my virginity to the one who makes me shine!

There is probably loads more I could and should write, and I will. I am going to transition this blog from being about the past to being more about the present and future. The entry right before I go in for surgery will be a culmination of my life before Cancer. It will also be the last time I spend so much time talking about the past. Going forward I will spend more time talking about my future and the present. That does not mean I am going to stop talking about the wonders of being able to hear, cuz I am still gonna do that. I also need to make sure I spend a few entries blogging about Zach since he seems to think I need to spend a few entries talking about him. Its like I have always said though, becareful what you wish for LOL!

Alrighty everyone, hope you have a great day, and I will see you tomorrow when I walk you through speech therapy!

LiveSTRONG!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yo, you do realize it was a joke when I asked to be on more, right? I definitely wouldn't mind at all, but I was just messing with you. Anyway, good luck with chemo today. I'll try to find you on sim later today, but I'm not feeling well, so I won't be ripping on you today.

Zach