Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The Courage To Keep Fighting!

sometimes there is an event in your life that gives you the courage and the desire to keep fighting. Sometimes you get news that makes you think that it is all worth it, that you need to keep going. Those moments are precious and when they happen you need to latch on to them and never let them go.

For me, that moment came today. I had a routine scan today to check on the progress of the Chemo before I started another round today. Once the scan was done, I went and got hooked up for my Chemo treatment.

Once the treatment was done I met with my neurosurgeon to discuss the results. He put the images up on the screen and told me that we were making some positive progress. The Glioma was actually reducing in size. What he was saying was that I was responding to this new Chemo concoction and we were actually winning the battle. I was speechless, I really didn't know what to say. I was excited but afraid to believe it was true. I asked if he could cut it out yet and he said he could probably do it but wanted to wait a few more weeks, do a few more chemo treatments and see if we could get it a little smaller.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing! There is now a chance that we may be able to complete a craniotomy and excise the Glioma on my brain stem. If it works, I would be rid of it and I may very well remain healthy for the rest of my life.

I am still afraid to believe it all. I am afraid it was just a dream but its not, its really happening to me.

In a few weeks I could be booking a surgical meeting and preparing for surgery. I can't believe it...I just can't believe it.

The surgery is not without risks but I don't care. If it can be done, I want it done. If I don't do it, then I may only have 18 months or less but if it works, I could have the rest of my life!

I am just so pumped and excited and yet I am trying to remain calm cuz it is not written in stone yet. We need to see what happens in a few weeks...at least another 3 treatments, another scan, and then we decide.

I am just hoping that it gets small enough for the surgeon to say yes. I wanna say thanks to everyone who has prayed for me, and has been so supportive and pulled for me. You know who you are and you will never know just how much of an impact you have had on me.

Keep praying for me. Miracles really do happen and I am convinced that I can beat this now, now more than ever, I am sure I can. I will beat this, I will be a survivor, I will LIVESTRONG!!!!!

LiveSTRONG!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! *yells and screams!*

Seriously? AMAZING NEWS INDEED!!!

You have just made my day, month, year!

What great news indeed!

BooYAH!!

N.

Unknown said...

So happy for you dude, I think I showed you that yesterday. Good luck bro, I'll talk to you later.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I mean...wow! That is indeed great news! I'm completely elated for you! It gives me hope when I see good things happen to good people.

Adeafmute said...

Thank you EVERYONE!!! I know how much everyone wants to hear about the Hearing piece and I promise to continue it tomorrow. I just had to get this and todays entry in.