Wednesday, May 28, 2008

In This Moment

A while ago I posted a blog called Praying For Time. I was at a point where I was just hoping and praying that I would get more time out of this life. I was sure that I was going to be moving on without ceremony. Then things changed for the better and I was given a second chance to be here.

I keep thinking about that fact and how things change. Much like the seasons, one thing often leads to another. It was not until I watched back the taped American Idol Finale that I heard a song that made me feel the way "Praying For Time" did. There I was watching the show, hoping against all odds that David A was going to take the whole ball of wax. As I sat there, it happened. Out came David A and he began to sing an original song. Apparently one of the three songs the contestants had to sing was an original song written through the song writing competition. David A chose a beautiful reflective ballad called, "In This Moment" and I was hooked. The song is the perfect polar opposite to what I was feeling when I heard, "Praying For Time". There is this one portion of the song in which David sings, "Now that I know what it's like to be living in this beautiful world and never stop giving, I can't return to a life with no vision, born into eyes not by my own decision"

That when it hit me that things are now very different for me. I cant go back to the way things were because I need to keep moving forward. I now know what it is like to be living in this world and I can see just how beautiful a gift it is to have life.

For all the things that made me sad and reflective in "Praying For Time", "In This Moment" gives me all kinds of reasons to be happy and forward thinking.

I have been given the gift of life and as I heal and get stronger and learn to be part of the Yellow Army that fights for the cure and helps those who are still stricken with this awful disease, I feel for the first time that I am truly living and the future finally looks bright.

For those of you who have never seen this song or missed David A performing it, please watch this Youtube video of it. If "Praying For Time" moved you, "In This Moment" will give you a sense of direction and stability. It really is exactly what I am feeling at this moment!

LiveSTRONG

No comments: