Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Derry Recovery Update 4

Aight so yeah time to get another update up.

Um so yesterday was LiveSTRONG day and I hope everyone put on their yellow and showed support. It was an important day for Derry and he had his yellow LiveSTRONG band on and I was wearing my yellow shirt, yellow shorts, wristband, and I even had a yellow hat so yeah, I looked like freakin Big Bird but it was cool.

Okay so Derry has been moved from the ICU and is now on a regular floor. He may only be there another 5 days cuz they say he is doing amazing and they think he could be home just after the weekend, like maybe Tuesday or something. I am really excited for him.

They have removed most of the tubes and stuff and now he has just the heart monitor thingy and the IV which I think does the pain meds and the antibiotics and all that stuff.

Derry hates the hospital and wants to come home, he misses everyone and is sick of the food which I cant blame him cuz it sucks ass. He has been up and walkin round too but he cant go all that far yet but he is up anyway and they took out some tube from his pee pee so he can go on his own now. no idea what the hell it was but it was supposed to make it so he did not have to get up. That thing had to be out and the breathing tube and other things before they would let him go to the regular floor.

Aight so yeah, he is doin amazing and they say he is lookin good on paper so yeah like I said, could be home Tuesday afternoon or somethin.

Aight so for the person who posted all that stuff, I am not an addict anymore. I am recovering and I dont use drugs no more. I am also not leavin Derry for nothin so yeah you can pitch that bullshit. I dunno if anyone knows what recovery is all about so my contribution today is gonna be the 12 steps. In AA they have the same 12 steps but they also use em for addicts too cuz its like all the same alcohol, drugs, whatever the addiction the same things apply. So yeah, this list is on a little card that I have to carry with me wherever I go cuz thats the rules.

Anyway, here is the 12 steps and I wont tell you which one I am on cuz its confidential but yeah I gotta do all 12

::  The 12 Steps  :::

1: We admitted we were powerless over drugs--that our lives had become unmanageable. 
2: Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity. 
3: Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him. 
4: Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves. 
5: Admitted to God, to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs. 
6: Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character. 
7: Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings. 
8: Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all. 
9: Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others. 
10: Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it. 
11: Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God, as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out. 
12: Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to addicts, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how cute Caleb, the Twelve Steps. Well, why dont we look at the 12 steps YOU follow:

1. I declare my complete control over drugs and everything else; and further declare that my life is in perfect order

2. I recognize no power as great as I am; nor any person as smart as I am, and if you don't like it come outside

3. I made a decision to run my life and everyone else's life to suit only me - and I pity those who get in my way.

4. I make a searching and through inventory of everyone other than myself - and find them woefully lacking in all respects; and I never hesitate to tell them so.

5. I admitted to no one, including, God and Myself, that there could possibly be anything wrong with me, or my actions.

6. I went to extreme efforts to protect and increase my defects of character-and did a little heroin besides.

7. I continued my obnoxious arrogant air of asking no one for anything-my Big Eye was for telling, not asking.

8. I kept a complete list of all persons who had harmed me, either real or imaginary, and swore to get even with them all.

9. I got even where possible, except when to do so might injure me.

10. I continued to bitch and whine about everything to everyone and, when I was right, promptly reminded them.

11. I sought through scheming and conniving to materially improve myself - at the expense of my fellow man. I ever hesitate, when the opportunity presents itself, to bring disaster and misery to anyone who happens to cross my path.

12. Having had a complete moral, physical, financial and spiritual breakdown, all of my remaining effort was directed toward dragging those near me - and dear to me - down to these same depths of despair; And I did a little heroin too.

Anonymous said...

Yo man, thats harsh and its not cool. Yer bein a real prick ya know that? I dunno who the hell you are but makin fun of my 12 steps is just not cool. I am workin hard to recover and yer just bein a jackass.

Ya know man, that just aint cool and it is actually pretty brutal.

Anonymous said...

Well Derry Lover I am not sure why you have such a hate for this young man but maybe the solution is to stop reading the blog. If you really like Derry as much as your name implies perhaps you should stop hating on his boyfriend?

Caleb, I respect your progress with the 12 steps and respect your want for confidentiality. Keep going, your doing great.