Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Homecoming

I don't know where to start with this entry. I am home again after two long weeks in hospital and after living through the most intense surgical procedure I have ever had. There is a lot I want to talk about but I need time. I am tired most of the time and I have some pretty wicked headaches at times so its tough to sit here and type and share all kinds of stuff.

I think what I will do is thank everyone who comes here, reads this blog, and shows their support for me in one way or another. I may never get to know any of you but I feel as though you are a deep and integral part of my life. Your support and prayers have been the raft in which I navigated the sea of madness that was/is my life.

First off to Caleb who has been my rock through all this. Who would ever have thought that you could handle all this madness with the grace and calm of a champion. I had no idea you had such internal strength. Many would have up and abandoned me knowing that there were much easier relationships out there and yet you stayed and held my hand through it all. Your my champion.

Zach. I can honestly say without a doubt that had you not kept pushing back about going to chemo I may have never gone back and therefore I may not have been here now or later for that matter. I wanted to stop the chemo and just let it all go and you would have no part of it. In your own special way you pushed me hard to go back and in turn you saved my life. I cant and wont ever forget that. Your a special person and your influence on this world will be tremendous if you believe in yourself.

To my family. Family is the heart of the house. You are my heart and soul, and your support and prayers during this whole experience has been more than anyone could ever ask for. A man is a rich man when he has family like you.

To the people who write in and spend their time reading the ramblings of this kid from Kitchener and then take time to post your thoughts. THANK YOU. You keep me motivated and you are the reason I keep this thing going. It would be so easy to just stop and not bother but knowing that you all come here and read and share in my experiences moves me in a way I simply can not put into words other than to say THANK YOU!

Over the next bit I will talk about my hospital experience and the emotion of going from being slated to die to being cancer free. Cancer free...never thought I would type that and here I am.

Thank you everyone!

LiveSTRONG!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dude, thank god you're OK, I'm so happy, and you're definitely excited about beginninfg your life, without cancer!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

So glad you are HOME!

Welcome back to the land of the living!

Thanks to Caleb for all the updates!

Welcome home!!

*hugs and cheering*
N.