Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Derry Recovery Update 1

So yeah Derry asked me to post updates so you all know what is goin on kinda thing so yeah, these entries are prolly not gonna be long but you will know what is goin on kinda thing.

Oh yeah, I am Caleb, his boyfriend just in case you don’t know who I am.

Okay so the surgery was today. He went in around 8 AM and it took the doctors just over 7 hours to complete the work. They came out and said that Derry was doing fine, and that the operation went good. They believe they got all of the tumor and he was going to be moved to the ICU in a few hours. He prolly would not be awake and able to talk till sometime tomorrow.

We were allowed to visit for just a few minutes and he was hooked up to all kinds of monitors and machines and had some tube down his throat. His head was all wrapped up but he looked like he was kinda at peace or somethin.

Oh yeah, I dunno if you know much bout Derry and religion but he has this laminated card in his wallet that he carries everywhere and he took it with him to the hospital. I saw it sitting on his table in the room. Well yeah so here is what it says, I kinda like it

One night a man had a dream. He dreamed He was walking along the beach with the LORD. Across the sky flashed scenes from His life. For each scene He noticed two sets of footprints in the sand. One belonging to Him and the other to the LORD.

When the last scene of His life flashed before Him, he looked back at the footprints in the sand. He noticed that many times along the path of His life there was only one set of footprints. He also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times of His life.

This really bothered Him and He questioned the LORD about it. LORD you said that once I decided to follow you, you'd walk with me all the way. But I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life there is only one set of footprints. I don't understand why when I needed you most you would leave me.

The LORD replied, my precious, precious child, I Love you and I would never leave you! During your times of trial and suffering when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you.

So yeah thats all for now, I will let ya know when he wakes up

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Caleb, I hope you read this because I don't think you know how lucky you really are.

Derry looks at me, I fake a smile so he won't see
That I want and I'm needing everything that we should be
I'll bet he's beautiful, that guy he talks about
And he's got everything that I have to live without

Derry talks to me, I laugh cause it's so damn funny
That I can't even see anyone when he's with me
He says he's so in love, he's finally got it right,
I wonder if he knows he's all I think about at night

[Chorus:]

He's the reason for the teardrops on my guitar
The only thing that keeps me wishing on a wishing star
He's the song in the car I keep singing, don't know why I do

Derry walks by me, can he tell that I can't breathe?
And there he goes, so perfectly,
The kind of flawless I wish I could be
He'd better hold him tight, give him all his love
Look in those beautiful eyes and know he's lucky cause

[Repeat Chorus]

So I drive home alone, as I turn out the light
I'll put his picture down and maybe
Get some sleep tonight

He's the reason for the teardrops on my guitar
The only one who's got enough of me to break my heart
He's the song in the car I keep singing, don't know why I do
He's the time taken up, but there's never enough
And he's all that I need to fall into..

Derry looks at me, I fake a smile so he won't see.

Unknown said...

Yo, that's great man. I needed to hear that, I feel a ton better now. Thanks for the update.

Zach

Anonymous said...

Yo Caleb....

Thanks for the update.... keep 'emcoming when u get the time...

N

Anonymous said...

First to derry lover, I don't think anyone knows how lucky Caleb is except Caleb. Don't forget, Derry chose Caleb and there is nothing you can do about that.

Now, GREAT NEWS!!! I KNEW things would go well. Medical science is so advanced that procedures like this what use to be quite complex are now everyday events.

On the religious point, this is my favourite verse and I think it's relevant to what is going on.

Enjoy!

There is an appointed time for everything. And there is a time for every event under heaven

A time to give birth and a time to die;

A time to plant and a time to uproot what is planted.

A time to kill and a time to heal;

A time to tear down and a time to build up.

A time to weep and a time to laugh;

A time to mourn and a time to dance.

A time to throw stones and a time to gather stones;

A time to embrace and a time to shun embracing.

A time to search and a time to give up as lost;

A time to keep and a time to throw away.

A time to tear apart and a time to sew together;

A time to be silent and a time to speak.

A time to love and a time to hate;

A time for war and a time for peace. (Ecclesiastes 3:1-8).

God Bless you Derry, Our Lord created in you a man whom we all wish we could be.

Anonymous said...

I am very happy and relieved that things went well! Let's hope the doctors got it all. I'm not as religious as I used to be, but I do believe in miracles, and this is certainly one of them. Give Derry our best!