Sunday, May 18, 2008

Derry Recovery Update 5

Aight everyone, this is gonna be the last post from me till the big guy gets back home. I know I have been kinda shitty at postin as well as he does so yeah its prolly best that he is takin over again. I just dont really know what to say half the time so yeah I just try to save some stuff up and post it.

Okay so the last few days were kinda eventful. The docs gave Derry some kinda medication that he needed to have and he had a wicked reaction to it and started havin severe seizures, he was foamin at the mouth, eyes rolled back, all seizing up and shit and twice his heart stopped and they had to put those shocking things on em. They got him back and started dosin him up with some kinda anti-seizure shit and he settled down. They said it was a serious reaction to one of the meds in his IV bag but they knew what it was and were changing the meds. Today he was fine and I asked him if he remembered any of it and he said he didn't really remember anything. I told him he was like dead twice cuz his heart had stopped and he just kept sayin he had no clue so yeah I dunno, it freaked the shit outta me cuz I thought we were gonna lose him and to have it happen twice I was like, HOLY SHIT do something and I was practically yelling at them to do shit.

Anyway, talkin to him today he is good. We are bringin him some clothes tomorrow for his big day on Tuesday when he gets to come home again. He is really excited but nervous too cuz he has been away and he kinda worries that he is still a little unsure about himself getting around but I am gonna be home with him to keep an eye on him and stuff.

So yeah, he is doin amazing, scans are lookin good, I wont talk much bout that cuz I know he wants to talk about it and stuff but just a hint, they look good so you do the math LOL.

Aight so he will be back and postin on Tuesday and he says hello to everyone and wants me to tell you that he misses bein on here and postin and stuff.

Okay so thats it for me. I hope everyone is not bored with my posting and stuff and thanks for readin what I had to say and stuff.

I am gonna post one more time tomorrow but its gonna be a special one just for my boy Derry!

Peace out everyone!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey bro, great post, can't wait til my bud comes out of the hospital. It's been an up and down week, for both of us, and everything will be back to normal tomorrow.

Very scary shit with the seizures. I am sure you were going insane while it was goin on.

Also, if that bastard decides to post again like an immature nutsucker, Derry will straighten that shithead out. So don't worry bout a thing. It's finally over, Derry is comin home.. Cancer Free!!

Anonymous said...

You did a great job Caleb. You should be proud of yourself!