Monday, May 26, 2008

Getting My Bearings

I have been sitting at home for the last little while, trying to get myself back to normal and I was thinking the other day about how much things have changed in the last little while. In the last few months I have watched my Bisexual boyfriend move in with us, I have gone from being cancer riddled to cancer free, Caleb is now working part time and agreeing to hand over half his cheque to my rents for them to put in a savings account to help him get organized and save some money, I have lost my virginity, and my family seems to be tighter than ever.

I am not an overly religious person and I dont preach religion to anyone and I certainly dont push my beliefs on anyone at any time however, I do feel blessed. I could not have imagined all this good coming about in such a short time. How lucky I am to have so very much going right for me. I almost worry that its a dream and I am going to wake up to find that none of it is real and yet that moment has not come yet.

On the recovery front, I am still tired a lot, but I go out more now and walking is really helping me to get my head clear and balanced. I still cant stay on the computer for long periods of time because I get headaches and all kinds of other problems right along with it but that is supposed to get better in time.

I guess for now I dont have a lot to report. In due time I will talk more about the procedure, the recovery process and all that good stuff but for now, I think I am just going to lay and lazily enjoy the dream like feeling I now enjoy.

Till later,

LiveSTRONG

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Derry, it is not uncommon to experience the feelings you are experiencing right now. You have lived through a very traumatic event and essentially have gone from being on deaths waiting list, to living your life to the fullest. Your feelings around the dream like state you feel you are in are perfectly normal. Some people experience depression, rage, joy, etc. The range of emotions you experience is perfectly normal. In time you will settle and your life will take on a new direction. The scariest part for you will probably be that you need to start thinking long term for the first time in a long time.

Don't forget, you have friends who can and will help you through all of this.