Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Let The Music Heal Your Soul

As I am sure everyone knows I am big believer that music has the power to change us, empower us, move us, and most importantly...heal us.

As I continue my journey through the hearing world, and my battle with Cancer, I have found that music has taken a big role in my life. It has made the illogical sensible, the intangible, real. Through a mix of sounds and words, I can feel things I couldn't feel before. I can feel emotions that I could not sense before from sound. I experienced emotion just like anyone else, but never at the hands of anything other than visual stimuli or through touch. Sound has a way of rising and falling, cresting and crashing and its amazing how my emotions rise and fall with the sound. Then I hear words, and the words convey meaning, and the meaning wells up an emotion and the cycle continues.

I mean for this to be a short blog because I am not sure what to make of what I am experiencing yet when I listen to music. So much of it remains so very foreign to me that I don't really know yet how to express it.

What I do know at this point is this...Music can heal you, I believe that. Music can convey a message in a way that neither my hands nor my new found words can.

Today, for this blog, I am picking a song that I want to dedicate to anyone who uses the power of music to heal. Whether terminal or mental or just temporary, sickness can be beaten with music. I believe that.

LiveSTRONG!

No comments: