Saturday, November 24, 2007

Episode 4...A New Hope

In my last post I think I may have been a little dramatic. I appologize for that. Thats not like me at all, I guess the shock of the news had not yet set in and so I think I went off a bit. I hope everyone understands. What I want to do now is just get everyone caught up on what has been going on.

Lets get things out in the open, time to get this into the light. My name is David, most of you know me as David, what you don't know is that my real given name is Derry...yes, like Dairy, except spelt Derry. I choose to go by David (my middle name) for personal reasons, not the least of which is to avoid being called "Dairy Queen" LOL. Lets also get out on the table that I have cancer. There I said it, and I find the more I say it, the more I dull the edge of the words, the more it becomes real and the more it becomes something I can really beat. I think that is a big part of it, being able to recognize that you can beat this.

I did some research, Mario Lemieux had this and he beat it so yeah, I can too. Put it into remission and go back to my quasi-normal life HAHA!

Okay, so since I got the diagnosis, I have begun early forms of treatment which have consisted of Chemo. I don't know if anyone who reads this knows how much that stuff kills ya but lemme tell ya, it is harsh. I have been very sick, hard to keep food down, lost some weight, and now I am losing my hair too. They say that is normal though. I just put a hat on and pretend I am normal.

My one escape has been SIMhl. If you dont know what that is check out www.simhl.com For me, it is a chance to live somewhere that is not real, play a game that reminds me that fantasy is safe and it is okay to just escape. The people there are pretty cool, I like them and they tolerate my ranting and bitching so I can't complain.

Anyway, I am going off topic. I am going to do some more Chemo, then they are going to put me on some meds and then monitor me and with any luck, I will be in remission. That is the hope anyway. I guess all I can do in the interim is hope for the best. What more can I really do. What I can tell you is that Christmas will mean a whole lot more to me this season than it has in the past. I think I am enjoying the real reason for Christmas a whole lot more now and for that I am very grateful. I don't think I would be enjoying it like this had I not got sick.

I want to type more but I am tired and feeling nauseas. I know I should write more but I just don't have it in me.



Thats it for today...

LiveSTRONG!

No comments: