Thursday, January 10, 2008

Wear Yellow!

I am not one who usually gets up on a soap box and starts to get all political but I feel I need to say something about an organization that is near and dear to me right now. If you have not yet figured it out, I am talking about the Lance Armstrong Foundation. If you have never visited their site, you really should. They can be found on the right side of this page under my links of interest or going to www.laf.org

Most of you know the LAF for their signature slogan, “LiveSTRONG” and many of you will have seen or wear the yellow bracelets that show support to those of us fighting cancer and still living strong. If you have no idea what I am talking about I encourage you to go out and have a look at their site.

The LAF is different in a lot of respects. It has a political arm to lobby government, it has materials for survivors and those battling cancer, it has lists of fundraising events and of course it has a store where you can purchase LiveSTRONG stuff. This organization raises reams of money for Cancer and I feel very strongly about what it does and how it goes about doing it.

All I wanted to do today was accomplish two things. I wanted to get you to check out the site if you have not done so in the past and secondly, I want to encourage you to wear a yellow LiveSTRONG bracelet as a show of support. I have a favourite saying that I use on people and it is, “Wear Yellow”. I know it sounds corny but its true, when you wear yellow you send a message to all of us that you care and you support us. I cant tell you how much it gives me a boost when I see someone wearing the bracelet. It just makes me feel warm inside, it makes me feel like people care and it gives me hope.

We live in a world where currency is money, but I live in a world where the only currency that counts is the currency of hope. When I see someone wear yellow, it makes an investment in my bank of hope.

One day I want to be a hope millionaire

LiveSTRONG!

Livestrong

No comments: