Thursday, October 15, 2009

Derry Newbury -- 1988 - 2009 R.I.P

This is the last entry into this blog. I want it to be the final memorial page for Derry.

If you dont know, Derry passed away 2 days ago after a return fight with his brain cancer. He fought really really hard but he could not beat it this time.

I miss him so much and its killin me that hes not here no more. I dont really know what to say here so I am just gonna leave it to you guys to put up whatever comments you want and I am gonna share some stuff in the comments part as well bout the stuff we did and the fun stuff and the good times and the bad times and all that stuff.

I know Derry always used music to share things and talk bout stuff using songs and stuff to get his message out so I think this part is right. Near the end Derry played a song for me that he said was like the most important thing he wanted to tell me and everyone else so yeah, here you go. I am puttin up the words and I am postin the video here too. For real people, this song makes me cry so much every time I hear it cuz its so true and it meant so much to him.

If you wanna share somethin go ahead in the comments cuz this is now the Derry Newbury Memorial Page

If Today Was Your Last Day -- Nickelback

My best friend gave me the best advice
He said each day's a gift and not a given right
Leave no stone unturned, leave your fears behind
And try to take the path less traveled by
That first step you take is the longest stride

If today was your last day and tomorrow was too late
Could you say goodbye to yesterday?
Would you live each moment like your last
Leave old pictures in the past?
Donate every dime you had, if today was your last day?
What if, what if, if today was your last day?

Against the grain should be a way of life
What's worth the price is always worth the fight
Every second counts 'cause there's no second try
So live like you're never living twice
Don't take the free ride in your own life

If today was your last day and tomorrow was too late
Could you say goodbye to yesterday?
Would you live each moment like your last?
Leave old pictures in the past?
Donate every dime you had?

And would you call those friends you never see?
Reminisce old memories?
Would you forgive your enemies?
And would you find that one you're dreaming of?
Swear up and down to God above
That you'd finally fall in love if today was your last day?

If today was your last day
Would you make your mark by mending a broken heart?
You know it's never too late to shoot for the stars
Regardless of who you are

So do whatever it takes
'Cause you can't rewind a moment in this life
Let nothing stand in your way
'Cause the hands of time are never on your side

If today was your last day and tomorrow was too late
Could you say goodbye to yesterday?
Would you live each moment like your last?
Leave old pictures in the past?
Donate every dime you had?

And would you call those friends you never see?
Reminisce old memories?
Would you forgive your enemies?
And would you find that one you're dreaming of
Swear up and down to God above
That you'd finally fall in love if today was your last day?

3 comments:

2Shay said...

I was first introduced to "First Sounds" by Al @ "This is me breathing". I was an avid follower of Derry's blog, however events these past twelve months have not allowed me continue reading "First Sounds". I only just started post at my own blog and in the comment section, Al mentioned Derry's passing to me. So I just wanted to express my deepest condolences to all of Derry's family and friends. While I didn't know Derry personally, just reading his words illustrated what a unique person he was. Once again I'm truly sorry for you loss.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Nice post! GA is also my biggest earning. However, it’s not a much.