Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Derry's Bucket List

My name is Derry, I have Brain Cancer and this is my bucket list.

I have thought about the top ten things I want to do before I die. I have put a lot of thought into this and I intend to fulfill it. So why am I sharing it? because I am hoping that I will inspire other people to dream big, live bigger, and go out larger than life itself. Here is hoping your wishes and dreams come true

10) See the musical "Cats" live on Broadway
9) Watch the entire series of M*A*S*H in broadcast order
8) Lose my virginity to the one who makes me shine
7) Spend a week in London, England and watch a Manchester United match
6) Learn to play an instrument
5) Backpack through Europe on my own
4) Spend a week in a youth shelter and give love to those who need it most
3) Inspire another human being without speaking a word
2) Watch a sunrise and sunset in Micronesia
1) Do something that makes this world a better place than the way I left it

The video I have chosen for this entry is a shout out to everyone who reads this, who supports me the way they do, who love me the way they do, who call me their friend...My Wish

There is a saying that I repeat to myself from time to time, its more of a motto:

"It's not how many breathes you take in life, but how many moments that take your breathe away"

LiveSTRONG!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"9) Watch the entire series of M*A*S*H in broadcast order"

I started that a while ago, but only got to the second season so far. It was a great series that I was too young to appreciate at the time but I'm looking forward to completing it too.

"6) Learn to play an instrument"

Does Guitar Hero count? ;P

"5) Backpack through Europe on my own"

That's something all young people should do IMHO. I think it gives them a wider perspective on the world and builds up their tolerance to other cultures.

"4) Spend a week in a youth shelter and give love to those who need it most"

I see that's what you're doing right now...amazing!

"3) Inspire another human being without speaking a word"

Already done. You can scratch that off your list.

"1) Do something that makes this world a better place than the way I left it"

Another one you can scratch off your list. I think the homeless guy you had Christmas dinner with would agree.

Adeafmute said...

Thanks brother. You inspire me to be a better person just by being who you are!